EA Games is disappointed in the sales and general reception of its latest shooter, Battlefield 2042. We don’t blame them, it is horribly shallow and far from the Battlefield game we love and enjoy. Since its launch, Battlefield 2042 has struggled to maintain its player base with it almost flickering out across PlayStation, Xbox and PC.
The latest news comes from insider Tom Henderson who says that EA is currently investigating ways to revive the three-month-old game. One approach the company is looking at is to turn the game into a free-to-play shooter. How they plan on doing this isn’t clear at the moment. However, should EA turn Battlefield 2042 into a free-to-play game, they will have to compensate current owners with a mass of content to pay back the cost they spent to purchase the game.
READ MORE: Xbox Agrees To Honour All Existing Sony Activision Agreements For Call of Duty and More
Previous reports from Battlefield 2042 claim that the game’s issues arrived way before it launched. According to information, EA executives believed that Battlefield fans wanted something new to play. A game with a whole new direction and the bosses at the company believed copying Modern Warfare would make this possible. This is why we have the Operators in Battlefield 2042 and the game has drastically changed most of its core experience.
EA and DICE announced earlier this week they were looking into ways to change the Portal XP earned to push players into playing the mode more often. At the moment, your XP earn is reached in one match, making the whole experience a waste of time when it comes to levelling up and ranking your weapons. This was done to push players into the game’s new modes and maps. Sadly, that content is a snore-fest and not worth playing already.
Tom Henderson says that he will share more information on EA’s plans in the next day or so. However, don’t expect EA to confirm any of this until the company is ready to admit defeat.
EA is reportedly very disappointed with how Battlefield 2042 has performed and is "looking at all the options" when it comes to the title, this is including looking at Free to Play in some capacity.
— Tom Henderson (@_Tom_Henderson_) January 20, 2022
I'll have more on this tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/WWuDpstyqS
The Nexus Hub is built around community. We like to feature our community members! If you’d like to submit your writing to the Nexus for consideration please email sama@nexushub.co.za Please note: submission does not guarantee that your writing will be featured.
Please login to post comments.
Riot is ending development on its live-service fighting game 2XKO. The studio announced that while the...
21-08-26 Read more
Game Science has debuted a new 15-minute gameplay video for its upcoming action game, Black Myth: Zhong...
20-08-26 Read more
When pre-orders opened for Grand Theft Auto VI back in June, many correctly predicted that it would ...
20-08-26 Read more
We have finally seen the official map for GTA VI after months of silence from Rockstar. The map was ...
19-08-26 Read more
Marvel Studios and Disney have revealed the release date for its upcoming MCU movie, Ghost Rider. During...
18-08-26 Read more
Ahead of the release of Avengers: Doomsday this December, Marvel Studios and Disney have released a ...
18-08-26 Read more
Sony says the next-generation PlayStation console is coming, but at the moment, there’s no internal ...
17-08-26 Read more
Embracer Group has confirmed that Darksiders 4 and a new entry in the Kingdom Come series is expected...
14-08-26 Read more
Sucker Punch Productions has officially confirmed that its open-world action/adventure game, Ghost of...
13-08-26 Read more
After Aspyr left the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake and hopped over to remastering classic...
13-08-26 Read more
Latest Reviews
Browse All Reviews
If you're all offering the same damn thing, people only have the time and money to pick one.