Table Realms, the peer-to-peer gaming app, has released a new version of their most popular game on the platform. Meteors is an arcade-style space shooter and can be played solo or with a group of friends.
Features new to the game include:
Endurance Mode – players now respawn after they have died in a multiplayer game.
Power-Up – this unique item clears the screen of all meteors.
Enemy Ships – at higher levels, players now have to shoot down enemy ships.
Respawn Recoil – a temporary barrier protects players that have just respawned.
Leader Boards – the player's highest individual and multiplayer scores are displayed at the end of the game.
Meteors is designed for casual play, and uses minimal bandwidth for the multiplayer game – just ensure that you and your friends are connected to the same WiFi network to play together.
In celebration of the new Meteors features, Table Realms will be hosting a Meteors competition in conjunction with Nexus Hub. Participants may earn Nexus Hub vouchers through the app, as well as stand a chance to win a PS4 bundle.
The Nexus Café has is also offering patrons an exclusive Meteors milkshake (R40) during the competition, which you can order if you show your waiter the Table Realms app on your smart device.
Prizes up for grabs:
1) Play Meteors and earn Nexus Hub vouchers.
2) Play Meteors at Nexus Hub and stand a chance to win a PlayStation 4 bundle.
See the Table Realms social media pages for more competition details, as well as below for prize details. The competition runs from 8th February to 8th March 2019.
How to earn a Nexus Hub voucher:
1) Download the Table Realms app from the Google Play Store
2) Visit www.webgames.tablerealms.com
3) Under the Meteors game, select "Play in browser" or "Show peer to peer code"
4) Use the Table Realms app to scan the Meteors QR code to download the game and play
5) Play Meteors
6) When you have earned a voucher (you'll get a notification in the app), visit Nexus Hub and present it to the cashier to redeem your voucher.
How to enter the PlayStation 4 bundle competition:
1) Download the Table Realms app from the Google Play Store.
2) Visit Nexus Hub and use the app to scan the Meteors QR code from the posters.
3) Play Meteors at Nexus and show your final score to a Nexus cashier.
4) Take a selfie at Nexus in front of our Table Realms selfie board and tag @tablerealms in your post.
5) Earn an extra entry when you order the Meteors milkshake from the Nexus Café.
The prize details are as follows:
PlayStation 4 Bundle:
Brand new PS4 console with any new title of your choice.
Nexus Hub vouchers:
R10 000 worth of vouchers will be issued to participants through Table Realms, simply just for playing the Meteors game. Vouchers can be redeemed for any retail product at the Nexus Hub.
For more details visit the Nexus Hub and see our competition posters in-store. The Meteors competition ends 8th March and winners will be announced 13th March on our social media pages (both Table Realms and Nexus Hub).
Loves games with deep character development and a rich storyline. Also, shooty-shooties. Loathes microtransactions. Likes to use sarcasm and metaphors.
Please login to post comments.
Love it or hate it, microtransactions have become somewhat of a staple in modern gaming. While it has...
20-02-19 Read more
With Apex Legends kicking off in full stride, we are already at Respawn Entertainment's fingertips, ...
19-02-19 Read more
A little over two months ago, a retailer leaked The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as a Nintendo Switch release...
19-02-19 Read more
Scalebound first made an appearance at Xbox's E3 2014 conference. At the time, I was undecided as to...
19-02-19 Read more
Latest ReviewsBrowse All Reviews